Saturday, February 21, 2015

Important quote

"But he does not reject meaning in total or that there is no meaning in the world, but that the traditional ways of uncovering meaning will not lead you there, and that it can only be learned through experience it cannot be taught."


What this quote means to me is that you have to go out and try things for yourself, many times people would tell you not to do something because they had a bad experience when they gave it a try; most people would listen to them and not do so. In my case I would not listen and actually try it before speaking negatively about it. This passage is important to me because I have listen to people in the past and till this day I ask myself what if I would had done it. This specific quote is very important to me because it relates to a certain event in my life. A few years ago I made the decision of joining the U.S Army, many of my friends and family were against it; even some who had served themselves. I had many good times in the military as well as bad ones, but it was something that I am happy I did. It was an experience that I am never going to forget and if I would had listened to others, I would of never done it. There are certain things in the world that us as individual have to go out and try them for ourselves, and this is what the quote is stating.

No comments:

Post a Comment